Um, k….so “real” Oktoberfest ended a few weeks ago. And “real” Oktoberfest doesn’t celebrate the Fehr family at all; it commemorates King Ludwig I’s marriage to Therese of Bavaria. But if I can figure out a way to make a nice little ritual for my family, especially if it’s in the name of celebrating heritage, does it really matter if I bend the rules a little? There is plenty of time for history lessons later.
We are pretty consistent with this meal; and since it’s not the healthiest lowest-fat meal I make, we don’t have it often, so there isn’t a lot of room to improvise. It’s a shame, because there are a lot of delicious, comforting German dishes out there, and it would be fun to try something new. Hmm…maybe our Oktoberfest needs to last more than one night…
There is a reason this is short, sweet, and to the point today…because I need it more than all y’all put together. Tomorrow, I shall once again be eloquent and long-winded. Today, I go straight to the point – no passing GO, and certainly no collecting 200 hundred bucks. Today, I settle for sanity. Happy Top Ten Tuesday!
10. Forget the housework. No, seriously. Say it with me. FORGET THE HOUSEWORK. Because then NONE of us feel guilty. K?
9. Remember fondly that commute from Acworth to Dunwoody and back again everyday. Pregnant. And crazy. There is reason ENOUGH right there.
8. Dance, Baby, dance.
7. Praise and worship music to focus and center.
6. Call your mom. She will tell you how great you are.
5. Watch an infomercial featuring famous actresses with zits.
4. Wine to combat the whine if you are so inclined.
3. Fifteen minute nap? Well, that’s enough time to write a blog. Because I don’t have to put on stockings, make up, and fix my hair to do it.
2. Deep breathing (hey, there’s a reason why it’s cliche.)
1. Remember why you are a WAHM in the first place. And remember that you wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Now, pardon me. I’m off to the park with Jake. Because of course he is awake again.